The COVID-19 vaccine could also be available however that doesn’t imply that researchers have stopped on the lookout for methods to deal with the illness. Since late final 12 months, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has been approving medication which are particularly tailor-made to preventing the virus.
These are often known as COVID-19 antibody treatments and if you happen to meet sure standards, you possibly can be subsequent in line.
Why Do We Want This Remedy, Anyway?
Provided that vaccines exist, many individuals are tempted to suppose that’s the place it stops. Sadly, the necessity for an efficient therapy exists. The COVID-19 antibody therapy is supposed to make use of the virus’ particular make-up to deal with it.
That’s vital due to the variations of the virus that may happen in addition to the truth that some absolutely vaccinated individuals should expertise unhealthy signs in the event that they catch COVID-19.
Whereas researchers are creating completely different therapy choices, solely specific folks will obtain it for now.
How Do You Know If You Qualify?
The overall standards for receiving the COVID-19 antibody therapy are:
- People who find themselves 65 years of age or older
- Those that have a physique mass index (BMI) of 35 or increased
- Individuals who have persistent kidney illness, diabetes, immunosuppressive illness, heart problems, hypertension, or a persistent respiratory illness like COPD
- Those that are at present receiving immunosuppressive therapy
- Folks with situations that aren’t being addressed by medical trials
Usually, the therapy will not be beneficial for people who find themselves hospitalized with COVID-19 however exceptions could also be made for individuals who have gentle signs. You probably have been hospitalized for causes not associated to the virus, you may additionally be thought-about for the therapy.